PSL Networking Meeting
After a fantastic networking event last year we are now in the process of planning for this year’s event taking place on the 21st June 2017 at the Jury’s Inn, Oxford.
More details will follow shortly – in the meantime please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Feedback from the event
“Thank you for a great day – it was great to meet you all again, and to catch up with various colleagues within the industry. I look forward to attending the next event.”
“Excellent meeting really well organised and great attendance, well done.”
“Thank you for yesterday, another really great meeting. I think I said to everyone I met that I don’t know of any other meeting like this. It really does you all credit thank you again.”
“Thanks all for organizing this event I found it very useful.”
Wednesday June 22nd 2016
The last Pivotal Scientific Networking Meeting took place on June 22nd 2016 at De Vere Venues : The Kassam Stadium in Oxfordshire. There were presentations by
- multimmune GmbH – The therapeutic, imaging and diagnostic potential of a unique monoclonal antibody against Hsp70: a new cancer theranostic
- The Native Antigen Company When your New Product selection works really well – our experience with the Zika virus outbreak
- SeekQuence Big Data and Analytics for Research Reagents
It was the perfect occasion to connect with other companies working within the life sciences in one day, and the feedback from delegates was very positive.
To view photos from our last event please visit our picture gallery
Previous Networking Events:
Wednesday, 24th June 2015
PSL’s fifth Annual Pivotal Circle meeting took place on Wednesday, 24th June at De Vere Venues : The Kassam Stadium in Oxfordshire. With more than 50 delegates attending from all over the world this was the biggest yet. There were many great networking opportunities.
Three companies gave presentations at the event:
Wednesday, 17th September 2014
We are excited to announce that PSL’s fourth Pivotal Circle meeting will take place on Wednesday, 17th September at 99 Milton Park in Oxfordshire. We are expecting this meeting to be the biggest yet, with attendees coming in from all over Europe.
Three companies will be presenting at the event:
- handyem– Nicholas Gagnon will be presenting their new flow cytometer
- Avacta Life Sciences– Chris Miller will be introducing their novel product range using engineered proteins called Affimers
- Horizon 2020– Dr Octavio Pernas will be speaking about EU funding/grants available for businesses in the life sciences research sector
Due to the popularity of previous events we can only accept one person per company. If you would like to attend this meeting please add your details to the fields below. There will also be a dinner in the evening with a cost associated, please indicate if you would like to attend this as well.
Tuesday, 25th March 2014
PSL’s third Pivotal Circle networking event was held on Tuesday, 25th March at 99 Milton Park just south of Oxford. The turnout was significant with over 50 people attending from all parts of Europe including, France, Sweden, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands. The feedback from the event was equally impressive:
- 100% respondents rating the networking opportunities as Excellent or Very Good
- 100% rated the venue as Excellent (22%), Very Good (45%) or Good (33%)
- 100% of attendees would recommend the Pivotal Circle to other companies in the Research Reagent sector
Three biotech companies presented at the event:
The event was kindly sponsored by Milton Park:
The Biocompare Antibody Report
To be sent PPT files of any of the presentations above please email James Mosedale
Results from our post event survey:
- 91.6% of respondents rated the networking opportunities as Very Good (33.3%) or Excellent (58.3%)
- 90.9% of respondents will attend another Pivotal Circle Event in six months time
- 91.7% of respondents would recommend Pivotal Circle to other companies
We were very grateful that the event was sponsored by Biocompare and Marks & Clerk Patent Attorneys:
Previous Networking Events:
Introducing 3 Start-ups
Pivotal Scientific is hosting a networking lunch on Wednesday 13th March 2013 at the Cherwell Innovation Centre, near Bicester in Oxfordshire. The objective is to bring all the British manufacturers of biologics for research use only into a room together in an informal setting whereby they can catch up with contacts and be introduced to new ones. The current list of attendees (as of 18.02.13) are as follows:
|2BScientific||Technical Sales Manager|
|Aptamer Solutions||CEO, Business Devt|
|Bioserv UK||Technical Director|
|Cancer Research Technology||Business Devt|
|GE Healthcare||Account Manager|
|Geoff Hale Consultants||CEO|
|Innova Biosciences||Sales & Marketing Manager|
|Native Antigen Company||Scientific Director|
|The Binding Site||OEM Manager|
|Tocris Bioscience||MD, FD|
|Viva Bioscience||Scientific Director|
The lunch will begin at 12pm and we have the room booked until 3pm. Towards the start of the meeting three high quality start-ups will be introduced by Tim Bernard, CEO of Pivotal Scientific to present their company and their technologies.
Pivotal Scientific held their inaugural networking event on Wednesday 13th March at the Cherwell Innovation Centre in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire. The event seemed to pass by very quickly with lots of opportunities being discussed. The PowerPoint presentations of each company presenting can be found here: Aptamer Solutions, Fluorogenics and Oxford Genetics.
Feedback from the event has also been really positive:
- 78.9% respondents found the networking opportunities either Excellent (36.8%) or Very Good (42.1%)
- 78.9% respondents saying that they would attend another Pivotal Circle event
- 84.2% respondents would recommend Pivotal Circle to similar companies
Some comments include:
“A top event! Well done and thank you for inviting us along.”
“Excellent company and hospitality too – Thank you!”
“Thanks for organising the event. Enjoyed it very much.”
“Great meeting, I really enjoyed it. I wish I had more time to talk to some of the other attendees. Thank you very much.”
PSL Relaunch Networking Event
On November 23rd 2012 PSL will be holding the first of what we hope will be many networking events specific for the research reagents community. The event will coincide with the relaunch of PSL with a complete overhaul of our website and the introduction of a number of new services.
The evening was a great success with old friends reacquainted and new friends made. Lots of new opportunities were identified and alcoholic beverages quaffed! Click here to view pictures from the event.