My client is a market-leading Biopharmaceutical organisation. My client focuses on discovery and design of human monoclonal antibody drugs. They have an exciting vacancy for an enthusiastic laboratory-based, graduate-qualified protein expression specialist to support their in-house mammalian large scale antibody and protein expression team.
Mammalian cell culture (mainly CHO and HEK) maintenance and stock keeping
Recombinant protein expression, transfection and harvest of expression cultures
Plasmid DNA preparation at various scale as required
Contributing to on-going process development and optimisation strategies within the group
Providing support to several projects simultaneously, linking effectively with the project leaders and other scientists as required
BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
Experienced in mammalian suspension cell culture, preferably CHO cells and ideally in an industry or biotech environment
Experienced in recombinant protein production in mammalian cell lines, preferably antibodies
Demonstrated ability to devise strategies to optimise expression levels, yields and processes
Ability to work to deadlines and maintain clear and accurate records
Innovative thinking, flexibility to adapt quickly and a “can do” attitude
Basic molecular biology skills e.g. cloning and preparation of plasmid DNA (mini, maxi, mega, giga preps)
Experience in wavebag/bioreactor multi-litre scale cell culture, with particular knowledge of GE Healthcare Wave 25 system a bonus
Knowledge or experience of stable cell line generation.
£20,000 per annum. Open to math/finance graduates.
My client is a fast-expanding Life Science distribution organisation who are looking for an entry level or junior individual to join their sales department in a scientific analysis, sales and marketing capacity.
With guidance and training, you will become the main analyst, supporting sales and accounts and become a main web content manager for online platforms.
– Web content management through various platforms and through third party portals.
– Implementation of online pricing and marketing strategies, supporting the Sales & Marketing department.
– Statistical analysis and report as per department requests.
– Attending conferences and meetings with suppliers for marketing strategies.
– Degree educated (or equivalent) in maths or numerate discipline.
– Data entry, statistical analysis and IT skills.
– Strong communication and written skills; outgoing nature and well-presented.
– Numerate academic background inclusive of Life Science &/or IT modules.
Serious applicants only. Must be able to attend interview in Oxford at short notice.