Services to Develop Direct Sales In China
Quick and targeted analysis of the Chinese Life Sciences Market to identify new business opportunities
4 – 6 weeks in total, includes an intensive one week visit with +20 appointments with potential customers, partners, suppliers, regulators and others.
Detailed Market Assessment
“Deep Dive” to identify competition, distribution, regulation, sales, marketing & pricing strategies.
3 months in total, resulting in a detailed final report and meeting to discuss all aspects of the report.
Partner Search & Selection
Identification and evaluation of potential distributors, resellers and licensees including a visit by PSL to the client to quantify the opportunity. This service will last three months and will result in a list of warm leads being passed to the customer to deal with directly.
Surrogate Sales Program
Our SSP is a three stage approach which lasts a minimum of 12 months and was created to reduce the cost and risk of selling directly in China. The SSP allows suppliers to generate revenue and gain practical insight into China before investing in a local subsidiary:
- Western individuals fluent in Chinese and based throughout China will work on behalf of the customer to identify new opportunities, develop a sales strategy to enter the country and estimate revenue potential within the first three months. A report will be provided at this stage with a final green light required before we proceed further.
- The product manager will then implement the sales plan and begin negotiations with potential customers – our customer will be kept in close communication at all times.
- Opportunity to establish wholly-owned entity, recruit local staff and / or appoint strategic partners
Setting up Direct Sales office in China
Advise on strategic options and locations, assist with site visits, negotiate space, hire first 3 staff, full company registration, introduction to biotech networks in Wuhan and Shanghai. Certification by the police, negotiations and advice to keep the costs down.
Services to develop improved Operations with China
Consolidated Shipping Service
This service has been created for companies that are receiving a lot of shipments from suppliers based in China. Through a hub in China, PSL will collate all weekly shipments into a single bulk shipment that can be sent anywhere in the world at the end of the week for delivery at the start of the following week.
- Received packages will be cross checked to confirm contents and stored at appropriate temperatures until all products are repackaged
- A handling charge per shipment received will be charged – shipping to PSL China will be on the client’s shipping account, as will the consolidated single shipment.
- Less than 5 parcels received a week will cost $15 each, receiving more than 5 will cost $10 each
A due diligence service for assessing manufacturers and distributors based in China. The audit will evaluate the premises, processes and quality of systems of the potential partner.
The reference documents used for the audit include: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, MDD and IVDD.